NMPA Board Meeting Highlights: President of Imagem Music Reelected to Board06/13/2013 - WASHINGTON— At a Wednesday evening annual meeting of the National Music Publishers’ Association (NMPA), NMPA President and CEO David Israelite rallied attendees to fight for fair pay and condemned Pandora’s poor treatment of songwriters and music publishers.
“Make no mistake, Pandora is at war with songwriters,” said Israelite. “While other digital partners are making voluntary deals, Pandora choses to sue the very creators who make its business possible. They are instead pursuing lawsuits and gimmicks.”
At the meeting, NMPA honored its 2013 Songwriter Icon winner, Toby Keith, and 2013 President’s Award winner, Congressman Ted Deutch. Results of the NMPA’s biannual board election were also announced. All board members are active U.S. music publishers and will serve a two-year term, effective immediately.
Elected members are:
- Willard Ahdritz, Kobalt Music Group
- Martin Bandier, Sony/ATV
- Caroline Beinstock, Carlin America
- Helene Blue, Helene Blue Musique
- Barry Coburn, Ten Ten Music Group
- Bob Doyle, Major Bob Music
- Lee Eastman, MPL Communications
- Mark Fried, Spirit Music
- Neil Gillis, Round Hill Music
- Laurent Hubert, BMG/Chrysalis
- Zach Horowitz, Universal Music Publishing Group
- Dean Kay, Demi Music Corp
- Leeds Levy, Leeds Music
- Ralph Peer II, peermusic
- Matt Pincus, Songs Music Publishing
- Irwin Z. Robinson, The Richmond Organization
- Cameron Strang, Warner/Chappell
- Richard Stumpf, Imagem Music
About the NMPAFounded in 1917, the National Music Publishers’ Association (NMPA) is the trade association representing American music publishers and their songwriting partners. The NMPA’s mandate is to protect and advance the interests of music publishers and songwriters in matters relating to the domestic and global protection of music copyrights.